Friday, May 15, 2009

Peanut Butter Chocolate Bites of Spicy Love

For the past two months I have been on a total cookie binge. I have dreams about cookies. The mere mention of cookies makes my mouth water. The notion of "cookie dinner" is the highlight of my day. My personal preference is classic chocolate chip - slightly chewy, not too crunchy, lots of chocolate - but in all honesty, I will probably eat any cookie that's within arm's reach. Don't judge. I have little self control; only slightly more than Justin, who is a self-proclaimed cookie monster with no willpower. Cookies are truly his sweet, crunchy, tasty Kryptonite. Why do you think he's so nice to me? Really, it's only because I bake him cookies. Remember that the next time you need a favor. Or just make these and be happy:


Peanut Butter Chocolate Bites of Spicy Love
1 cup flour
3 Tb cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tb Agave
2 Tb vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce (15 ml)
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
sugar for garnish

- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl stir together flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- In a second bowl mix sugar, agave, vegetable oil, vanilla, apple sauce, and natural peanut butter. Stir until smooth.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture and stir until mixed into a dough.
- Form dough into 16 equal pieces and shape into balls. Press down slightly to make neat mounds.
- Place 2 inches apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Sprinkle tops with sugar.
- Cook for 12 minutes.

Enjoy! [[jessica]]

No comments:

Post a Comment