Monday, May 4, 2009

Songs About Food: The Presidents of the USA

"... movin' to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches ..."
It was hot last weekend. In the eighties. And I don't mean that like when you ask a hipster why they're wearing orange stretch pants with a lime green sweater and white sunglasses and they say, "because this look is hot like in the 80s!" No, I mean that it was a mini-heatwave with temperatures nearing ninety degrees Fahrenheit. Also, that look was stupid then and it's stupid now. Anyway. Summer weather always makes me want to eat fruit. Peaches are one of my favorites and apparently, the Presidents of the United States of America feel the same way. There's really nothing I don't love about this band, but I'm especially fond of this video because when their idyllic outdoor jam is busted up by ninjas (!!), they don't just wimp out and run away crying like I probably would. Instead, they calmly lay down their instruments and proceed to school those ninjas with the power of rock and their own vastly superior kung fu skills. Gotta love that. [[justin]]

1 comment:

  1. my fave food song? "Be Healthy" by Dead Prez. it's hilarious! ...lentil soup is mental fruit...

    ReplyDelete