Monday, April 13, 2009

Songs About Food: Flo Rida

"... so, so delicious, can’t help my interest, candy addiction. ..."

It's not even May yet, and already we have our probable number one jam of the year here: Flo Rida's "Sugar." I love the Eiffel 65 sample; that this guy thinks people have forty-two teeth; that a big macho rapper can write an entire song about something as innocent as making out. I haven't fallen this hard, this fast, for a radio pop track since Fergie's "Big Girls Don't Cry" in 2006. Sure, it's a simile and is only "about" food in the most liberal construction of the term, but this song is far too excellent to let that little detail stand in the way. My only regret is that I couldn't find the official video, but whatever, this clip will suffice. Just don't blame me if/when you find yourself walking around all day humming "da double dee double da dee double dee double da." [[justin]]

No comments:

Post a Comment