Thursday, September 3, 2009

Smells Like Teen Spirit

I hate to be that grumpy old man who complains about how much better things were when I was young but these days, pretty much every time I turn on the radio or read Pitchfork, I really, really, really miss Kurt Cobain. Just once more before I die, I'd like to hear another new band that understands the common ground between The Sex Pistols, Cheap Trick, The Pixies, and Devo. Just once more before I die, I'd like to get another lyric as brilliant as, "One baby to another says 'I'm lucky to have met you. I don't care what you think unless it is about me. It is now my duty to completely drain you.'" Just once more before I die, I'd like to see another new band so thoroughly embrace the very industry that they so vigorously shun. Corporate rock still sucks, indeed. [[justin]]

No comments:

Post a Comment